Terms and Conditions
The Ideaboard is an open forum, a social innovation platform, where people can express their ideas, or contribute to ideas made by others. This is a free service provided for the sole purpose of making our community safer and more efficient. Therefore, we hope the users will not exploit this facility and use it only for the intended purpose. The guidelines and rules described here are the community practices of the Ideaboard.
Please read them carefully, if you post on the Ideaboard you are agreeing to adhere to these terms.
These Terms and Conditions apply every time you post a message on the Ideaboard.
- Your user name and password must only be used by you, keep them safe. If a posting is made using your name and password it will be considered to have been posted by you.
- You agree that you will not post any messages on theIideaboard that is either: Unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, sexually explicit, or any other way breaches these Ideaboard Terms and Conditions.
- You must not create multiple identities, this is strictly prohibited. Any user found to have multiple identities will be removed from this portal permanently.
We want to encourage creative, original ideas and thought-provoking discussions.
Please carefully review the following basic rules that govern your use of this platform. Please note that your use of the Ideaboard constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you (the "User") do not agree to them, do not use or, provide any information to the Portal. The facilitators of the Ideaboard reserve the right to update or modify these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice to the User. It is the users’ responsibility to be aware of such changes. Your use of the Ideaboard following any such change constitutes your unconditional agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions as changed.
Permitted and Prohibited Uses
- You should use this platform for the sole purpose of sharing and exchanging ideas with other Users.
- Please do not upload or write any material that infringes or misappropriates any person's copyright, patent, trademark, or trade secret, or disclose via this portal any information the disclosure of which would constitute a violation of any confidentiality obligations you may have. If you have any doubts do not post that material on this site.
- Please refrain from uploading any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other forms of harmful computer code, nor subject this portal's network or servers to unreasonable traffic loads, or otherwise engage in conduct deemed disruptive to the ordinary operation of the Portal.
- You are strictly prohibited from posting any material that can be considered unlawful, offensive, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, profane, hateful, fraudulent, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable material of any sort, including, but not limited to, any material that encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law.
- Please refrain from retaliating to offensive posts. This causes problems for other users on the Ideaboard. You must report such messages to us using the firstname.lastname@example.org which is available on the bottom of the Main Page. We will fully investigate every report we receive.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Although titles of the ideas submitted may be viewed simply by visiting the Portal, in order to access detailed Content and/or additional features offered, you need to register as a member. If you create an account on the Portal, you will be asked to supply your personal details, a User ID and a password.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your password or account.
- You agree to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information when registering with the Ideaboard. It is your responsibility to maintain and promptly update this account information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is fraudulent, untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, or not current, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is fraudulent, untrue, inaccurate, incomplete, or not current, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account without notice and to refuse any and all current and future use of the Portal.
- You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of either your password or account or any other breach of security.
- You further agree that you will not permit others, including those whose accounts have been terminated, to access the Portal using your account or User ID.
- You grant the facilitators of the Portal the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the Portal and in the provision of services to you.
- You are expressly prohibited from compiling and using other Users' personal information, including addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses or other contact information that may appear on this portal, for the purpose of creating or compiling marketing and/or mailing lists and from sending other Users unsolicited marketing materials, whether by facsimile, email, or other technological means.
Termination of Use
If you no longer agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you must cease use of the Portal. If you are dissatisfied with the Ideaboard, its content, or any of these terms, conditions, and policies, your sole legal remedy is to discontinue using the Portal. The facilitators of the Ideboard reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to and use of the Portal, without notice, if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such use (i) is in violation of any applicable law; (ii) is harmful to the interests of the Ideaboard or the interests, including intellectual property or other rights, of another person or entity; or (iii) where the facilitators have reason to believe that you are in violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Links to Other Materials
The Portal may contain links to sites owned or operated by independent third parties. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. We do not control such sites and, therefore, we are not responsible for any content posted on those sites. The fact that the Operators offer such links should not be construed in any way as an endorsement, authorization, or sponsorship of that site, its content or the companies or products referenced therein. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to by the Portal, you do this entirely at your own risk.
Unless we are notified of a message that is not in keeping with these Terms and Conditions we cannot remove it. If you see any messages/posts that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions or that you consider is inappropriate, please report this immediately via the email@example.com. We do not monitor this portal nor do we exercise any form of editorial control or censorship of any message posted on the Ideaboard. The details you supply and all posts are recorded and kept, including your originating IP address. This information may have to be disclosed to any regulatory or criminal authority, and law enforcement agencies will be able to trace your activity to a specific machine, whether or not you use a fake or real name or email address.